Daily Maintenance Tasks
Performing daily maintenance is important to ensure proper site operations.
A daily maintenance log should be maintained to document dates that maintenance was conducted,
By whom, and any maintenance-related comments about the task conducted.
Common Daily Maintenance Tasks
· Verify that predefined maintenance tasks scheduled to run daily are running successfully.
· Check Configuration Manager 2007 site database status.
· Check site server status.
· Check Configuration Manager 2007 site system inboxes for backlogs.
· Check site systems status.
· Check client status.
· Check the operating system event logs on site systems.
· Check the SQL Server error log.
· Check system performance.
Weekly Maintenance Tasks
Performing weekly maintenance is important to ensure proper site operations. A weekly maintenance log should be maintained to document dates that maintenance was conducted, by whom, and any maintenance related comments about the task conducted.
Common Weekly Maintenance Tasks
· Verify that predefined maintenance tasks scheduled to run weekly are running successfully.
· Delete unnecessary files from site systems.
· Produce and distribute end-user reports if required.
· Back up application, security, and system event logs and clear them.
· Check the site database size and verify that there is enough available disk space on the site database server to allow the site database to grow.
· Perform SQL Server database maintenance on the site database according to your SQL Server maintenance plan.
· Check available disk space on all site systems.
· Run disk defragmentation tools on all site systems.
Periodic Maintenance Tasks
Performing periodic maintenance is important to ensure proper site operations. Some tasks do not need to be performed during daily or weekly maintenance, but are important to ensure overall site health and security and disaster recovery plans are up to date. A periodic maintenance log should be maintained to document dates that maintenance was conducted, by whom, and any maintenance related comments about the task conducted.
Common Periodic Maintenance Tasks
· Review the security plan for any needed changes.
· Change accounts and passwords if necessary according to your security plan.
· Review the maintenance plan to verify that scheduled maintenance tasks are scheduled properly and effectively depending on configured site settings.
· Review the Configuration Manager 2007 hierarchy design for any needed changes.
· Check network performance to ensure changes have not been made that affect site operations.
· Verify Active Directory settings affecting site operations have not changed. For example, you should ensure that subnets assigned to Active Directory sites used as boundaries for a Configuration Manager 2007 site have not changed.
· Review the disaster recovery plan for any needed changes.
· Perform a site recovery according to the disaster recovery plan in a test lab using a backup copy of the most recent backup snapshot created by the Backup ConfigMgr Site Server maintenance task.
· Check hardware for any errors or hardware updates available.
· Check overall health of site.
REF : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb632564.aspx